To Become a Broker
To be eligible to take the state Broker's exam, a salesperson must meet the following requirements:
- Have an active license during the 5-year period preceding filing their application.
- Obtain a total of 900 hours, of which 270 hours must be in CORE courses; the additional 630 hours maybe in any combination of either CORE or MCE courses.
- Or, a college bachelors degree is worth 630-hours. If you have one you may need only one or two more CORE courses. (Call us at 800-833-1884; we can figure it out for you.)
- A required 30 hour Brokerage CORE course (#0711), must be completed.
- A total of at least 9 CORE courses or more must be a part of the 900-hours.
- Have 3,600 points of qualifying practical experience obtained during four out of five years.
To receive the best pricing, please call Elliott at 800-833-1884 (in Austin call 512-459-6200).
The 900 hours of education can be completed as online courses, home study courses, or in a live classroom. You may mix and match the course delivery methods so you can choose the best format for you.
For additional information about requirements to become a Broker contact the Texas Real Estate Commission (www.TREC.texas.gov)