There are 2-Steps to renew your license
- Take your continuing education courses before your deadline; and
- Go online and pay TREC to renew your license (www.trec.texas.gov)
What is MCE?
- MCE stands for "Mandatory Continuing Education." It is the continuing education required after a Licensee meets their initial 270-hours of SAE courses.
- Typically, a Licensee whether Broker or Salesperson needs 15-hours of approved MCE courses before midnight on the expiration date of their current license cycle.
Your license renewal requires 15-hours of MCE consisting of:
- The mandatory Legal Update course (3-hours)
- The mandatory Ethics Update course (3-hours)
- Plus 9-more hours of any approved elective course(s)
MCE Renewal Requirements did not change - unless you supervise or sponsor other licensees. See question below.
Some TREC Rules changed for certain brokers and supervisors on 9-1-2012.
Q: Are you a Licensee who:
- sponsors one or more salespersons, or
- is a designated broker of a licensed business entity, or
- is a license holder who supervises other licensees for six months or more during the course of your current license?
If any of the 3 criteria above describes you then you must take the following courses:
- 3-hours of Legal Update
- 3-hours Ethics Update, and
- a new 6-hour Broker Responsibility Course
- 3-hours of an approved elective topic.
A Broker or Salesperson who does not meet the requirements above will need the standard 15-hours of MCE. This includes:
- 6-total hours of Legal and Ethics
- plus 9-hours of electives.
You may always review your educational and license records at TREC's website. Go to: www.trec.texas.gov/newsandpublic/licenseeLookup/
Got Questions? Call us at 800-833-1884, or email us at goinfo@AbsoluteCE.com. We are here to help!